Monday, April 13, 2015

A busy weekend

Over the weekend I had the opportunity to attend a Empowered to Connect  conference via simulcast. It was an awesome, stressful, overwhelming, yet eye opening experience. I would recommend checking out the Empowered to Connect website if you're in the process of foster care or adoption. Empowered to Connect has a different way of parenting.. but it helps greatly for the children who have experience trauma.. whether that be in the womb or after birth.

Since we spent most of our weekend away from the kids, we decided to stay in on Sunday and just spend the entire day as a family. We listened to children's music, colored, and went to the park to watch the ducks. The kids had an amazing time and they were exhausted before their actual bed time. This morning they actually slept until 8:00am! What a miracle!

This evening I will have my first conference call with the missions team. I am super stoked to meet everyone (via video chat.) For the month of April I have set a goal to reach $1,000. I am just $223 away from meeting my goal for the month. If you're interesting in supporting me please head to my GoFundMe site. Any donation amount makes a huge difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment