Monday, December 28, 2015

It has been a while!

Ella and Bennett December of 2014

Ella and Bennett December 2015
Sorry for the lack up updates for the past few months. Here's a little catch up from month to month.

August

As you may have read in the previous post, August was a rough month for the Rohrer family. Despite the fall that Ella had right after surgery, she is healing quite wonderfully! And Bennett, wow, he has come a long way. His speech is picking up, and he has learned how to use a straw (which is huge for a kiddo with cleft.) Bennett will start speech therapy in January.. which will be quite helpful for all of us.

September

We celebrated Bennett's third birthday with family and friends in September (I hope to post photos sometime soon!) 

October

In October I went on a missions trip with Storyteller Missions.. it was once again, eye opening. I felt more comfortable around the kids than I did last year. There were a lot of familiar faces, and a lot of new faces. Again.. I'll have to post photos of the trip! 

November

In November we celebrated my 35th birthday with a group of friends here at home. And a few weeks after that (the week of Thanksgiving) I lost my grandfather. There were so many awful events leading up to his passing.. and I haven't been able to grasp what happened. 

December

 When Christmas arrived, I didn't feel quite ready. It didn't quite feel like Christmas either (it was in the 60's!) We bought the kids a few presents (mainly clothing... since Ella had quite the growth spurt!) along with a few toys. The day after Christmas we spent the morning with Phil's family eating breakfast, and of course... opening more presents. On Sunday we celebrated Christmas with my side of the family. My brother rented out a room at a local retreat center. It's not easy getting my entire family together. We were missing only two family members this year.. my sister Laura and her family (they now reside in Florida) and my brother Matt.. along with his family (he's in South Carolina now.) 

It has been a rough year for our family.. and I'm just looking forward to starting fresh in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment